
I. Love. Twitter.
I'm a regular twitterer, although I would describe myself as more of a passive user; I don't tweet so much myself, but I like following tweets and use twitter to stay on top of trending topics throughout the day.
Twitter, I feel, is still rather underrated. The majority of twitter users tend to be like me--passive-- while the main tweeters tend to be celebrities or businesses. With this knowledge, businesses would be smart to use twitter as a marketing tool to spread awareness about who they are.
Some major brands already have twitter accounts: @ GMblogs brings "GM information to Twitter one Tweet at a time." The brand uses the blog as a public relations and customer service tool, communicating with car fans and clarifying misconceptions through tweets. They've smartly used twitter as an effective marketing tool.
@ RichardatDELL is Dell's twitter account which they use to communicate content subscriptions, deals and offers and connect with their users.
But, the question remains... how does one start tweeting? The Mashable blog, a blog on social media (an EXCELLENT blog for those interested in the world of social media i.e. me), features a comprehensive, unofficial twitter guidebook with a chapter geared directly to businesses: http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/
Tweet away!
I'm a regular twitterer, although I would describe myself as more of a passive user; I don't tweet so much myself, but I like following tweets and use twitter to stay on top of trending topics throughout the day.
Twitter, I feel, is still rather underrated. The majority of twitter users tend to be like me--passive-- while the main tweeters tend to be celebrities or businesses. With this knowledge, businesses would be smart to use twitter as a marketing tool to spread awareness about who they are.
Some major brands already have twitter accounts: @ GMblogs brings "GM information to Twitter one Tweet at a time." The brand uses the blog as a public relations and customer service tool, communicating with car fans and clarifying misconceptions through tweets. They've smartly used twitter as an effective marketing tool.
@ RichardatDELL is Dell's twitter account which they use to communicate content subscriptions, deals and offers and connect with their users.
But, the question remains... how does one start tweeting? The Mashable blog, a blog on social media (an EXCELLENT blog for those interested in the world of social media i.e. me), features a comprehensive, unofficial twitter guidebook with a chapter geared directly to businesses: http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/
Tweet away!